Commercial app terms and conditionsWaitomoFA2020-06-26T00:15:09+00:00
Terms and conditions
1. Waitomo-branded Fuel Card “fuel card”terms and conditions of use are outlined in the account holders’ Account Application Form held with Waitomo (includes the Waitomo Fuel Card). The clauses below are additional terms and conditions in place for using the fuel card via the Waitomo Commercial mobile application “Com app”.
2. A Com app user “user” must first obtain permission from the fuel card account holder, before loading a fuel card into the Com app.
3. All users are required to register within the Com app by providing a valid New Zealand mobile phone number and entering the validation code which will be sent to that mobile phone number.
4. A maximum of five unique users can be linked to a fuel card at any time. All users must have the permission of the account holder to use the fuel card via the Com app.
5. The Com app can be used at participating Waitomo-branded locations, including all Waitomo Fuel Stops. A full list of participating sites can be found within the Com app when you select ‘Pay from your vehicle’ and you are not currently at a participating Waitomo location.
6. Users are also required to provide an email address for the purpose of sending a transaction receipt. All transactions will also appear on the account holders’ weekly or monthly statement.
7. The Com app user consents to their registered mobile number and email address being shared with the fuel card account holder.
8. Waitomo have the sole right to cancel or place a hold on any Com app user account.
PIN and card restrictions
9. Users will be required to enter the valid PIN number when loading a fuel card on to the Com app. If the card PIN is changed after the card has been loaded, the card will need to be deleted from the Com app and reloaded with the new PIN. Otherwise the transaction will be declined.
10. All restrictions on the fuel card (including product restrictions and transaction limits) will apply to transactions made on that fuel card via the Com app.
2. Information collection and use
2.1 For a better experience, while using our Services, we may require you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information including, but not limited to, mobile number and email address.
Verifying your identity;
Sharing your identity with the Waitomo Fuel Card account holder;
Providing you with goods and services that you have requested;
Dealing with your requests, enquiries, complaints, or other customer care-related activities;
Analysing information in an anonymised aggregated form, such that you will not be personally identifiable;
Complying with any legal obligations or any other purpose authorised by you.
2.3 You have the right to request the details of your personal information held by us, and to request any correction to that information.
2.4 If you change your mobile number, delete the fuel card from the app. Download the app to your new phone, register with your new mobile number and load the fuel card with correct PIN.
2.5 You can remove the app from your mobile device at any time by deleting the fuel card linked and then deleting the app from your device. If you would like us to remove your registered details from our database, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0800 922 123.
3. Log data
3.1 We want to inform you that whenever you use our Services, in a case of an error in the app we collect data and information (through third-party products) on your phone called log data.
3.2 This log data may include information such as your device internet protocol (IP) address, device name, operating system version, the configuration of the app when utilising our Services, the time and date of your use of the Services, and other statistics.
4.1 Cookies are files with a small amount of data that are commonly used as anonymous unique identifiers. These are sent to your browser from the websites that you visit and are stored on your device’s internal memory.
4.2 The Services do not use these “cookies” explicitly. However, the app may use third-party code and libraries that use “cookies” to collect information and improve their services.
4.3 You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies and know when a cookie is being sent to your device. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of the Services.
5. Service providers
5.1 We may employ third-party companies and individuals for the following reasons:
To facilitate our Services;
To provide the Services on our behalf;
To perform Services-related services; or
To assist us in analysing how our Services are used.
5.2 We want to inform users of these Services that these third parties have access to your personal information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
6.1 We value your trust in providing us with your personal information. We strive to comply with the highest commercially acceptable means of protecting your data. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100 percent secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
7. Links to other sites
7.1 The Services may contain links to other sites. If you click on a third-party link, you will be directed to that site. Note that these external sites are not operated by us.
7.2 Therefore, we strongly advise you to review the privacy policies of these websites. We have no control over, and assume no responsibility, for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party sites or services.
8. Children's privacy
8.1 These Services do not address anyone under the age of 18. As we do not collect date of birth details, we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 18.
8.2 In the case we discover that a child under 18 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to complete necessary actions.